RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) – The 15th annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure will return to the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino.
The GSR is a proud sponsor and 75 percent of net proceeds generated by the Komen Northern Nevada affiliate are granted to lifesaving local breast cancer programs. The remaining 25 percent goes to Komen-funded groundbreaking research to find the cure.
This year's Race for the Cure will be held on Sunday, October 6. Registration and events begin at 7 a.m. The 5-K timed run will begin at 9 a.m. and the 1 mile fitness walk will begin at 9:15 a.m.
For more information on the race, to register your team, or to donate to the cause visit komennorthnv.org.