RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- Newly mandated Epi-Pens have come in handy in two separate incident at Washoe County Schools this month.
School officials say a ninth-grader had an allergic reaction during lunch on February 14. The student is now back in school and feeling fine. A similar incident happened to an eighth-grader, who had a severe allergic reaction after sampling foods in a cooking class on February 12.
Nevada legislators passed a law in 2013 requiring schools to keep epinephrine shots to treat students immediately during severe allergic reactions.