SPARKS, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- Sparks Firefighters recently responded to a report of a cat stuck in a chimney vent for several days, and the residents couldn't get it out.
Upon arrival, the Engine Company Firefighters met with the distraught residents and found that their cat was stuck in a little pipe in the side of the chimney. The cat gained access to the chimney through a small ash door at its base, and became wedged.
Crews had to make entry in a crawl space under the house to get access to the ash door. After several attempts to coax the cat out, Firefighters eventually were able to grab the cat and pull it to safety.
Snoopy the cat was in good condition and returned to the "very happy" owners. For Further information, contact Fire Marshal and PIO Robert King at 353-2261.