SPARKS, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- The Sparks Fire Department was successful in knocking down a fire before it threatened other structures on Tuesday evening.
According to a press release, firefighters responded just before 7 p.m. to a structure fire in the 2000-block of Waterfield Drive. Responders found a single-family residence with the garage fully engulfed in flames. The occupants of the residence had already evacuated the home.
An exterior attack on the fire was started with a deck gun and hand lines, while extra hose lines were deployed to protect surrounding homes. Preliminary fire knockdown was achieved within fifteen minutes of arrival, at which time the fire department transitioned to an interior attack to completely extinguish the fire.
The residence had major damage to the garage and attic area, but there were no injuries to occupants or firefighters. The cause of the fire was a malfunctioning motorcycle in the garage.