SPARKS, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) -- Sparks Fire Department put out a fire at 1635 Sullivan Lane today around 1am.
SFD says the call was reported to Sparks Dispatch by a bystander who smelled smoke and saw smoke ascending from the roof of the building.
The business was closed and secured upon their arrival. Upon pulling a few ceiling tiles to check for extension, crews found a fire in the attic. The attic fire was quickly extinguished and did not extend into the neighboring businesses.
SFD says the cause of the fire is estimated to be accidental in nature; possibly started by a fluorescent light ballast.
Eighteen personnel responded including a Battalion Chief, three structure engines, one truck company, one ladder company, one safety officer, and one fire investigator.