SPARKS, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- In late February, Kenneth and Sheryl Kelleher were found deceased in their home by a family member. Officials have ruled both the Kelleher's died of natural causes.
At the time the couple was found, there was no evidence of criminal activity at the residence and the home was secured when the family member arrived.
Neither victim had any obvious signs of injury or trauma on scene and this was confirmed during autopsies. Family members assisted detectives and determined no property was missing from the residence. No evidence of carbon monoxide poisoning was found during the autopsies, and detectives requested the assistance of the Health Department to check the residence for any unusual sources of exposure to dangerous or lethal elements; these tests were negative as well.
Detectives staffed the case with members of the Medical Examiner's Office. As a result of the staffing, Expert and Expanded toxicology tests were performed, which included testing for heavy metals and common poisons. These tests have been completed and the results are negative.