RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- News 4 has obtained more information about the structure fire at 930 Manhattan Street on Thursday night, March 27.
According to a press release from the City of Reno, the fire reportedly began at 9:35 p.m. Arriving crews reported heavy fire from the center apartment of a large two-story apartment complex. The fire was upgraded to a third alarm assignment and brought under control within 10 minutes.
Three adults were at the apartment at the time of the incident: two males and one female. Both males received third-degree burns to 90 percent of their bodies and are in critical condition. The female suffered first- and second-degree burns and significant smoke inhalation injuries and remains at Renown Regional Medical Center.
While the fire remains under investigation, it is believed that the fire originated in the garage while the occupants were repairing a vehicle. Gasoline may have contributed to the start of the fire.
RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- The Reno Fire Department and REMSA were called to a structure fire in the 900-block of Manhattan Street on Thursday.
According to fire officials, three units of an apartment building were burned, injuring three people. Two of the injured suffered from burns, and one from smoke inhalation. Fire crews also rescued a dog.
Red Cross is helping the families relocate.