SPARKS, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- We received this story from News 4 viewer Annette Lusk today and had to pass it along!
"I would like to share an experience I had this morning at my home in Sparks with an extremely happy ending.
I woke up hearing a tiny meowing. I went outside to discover a tiny grey kitten had gotten trapped in a hole on my deck. There is hole though the decking to run electrical cords or whatever. Apparently, she poked her head into the hole and then couldn't back out.
"I called Sparks non-emergency dispatch and the the dispatcher said she would contact Sparks Fire Dept. The extrication took over an hour and included prying up the adjacent deck board and then cutting into the board where "Trapper" (newly named and adopted) was trapped - hence her name. After a trip to the vet, she is shaken up but none the worse for her adventure.
"Curiosity could have killed this kitten but for the wonderful guys from Fire Station 2. They are from left to right: Fire Apparatus Operator Manny Souza, Firefighter Joe Van Walraven and Captain Sean Holbrook.
"I'll be writing to the Battalion Chief Jim Reid and the City Council to let them know about this rescue but I want the world to know. To often only the horrific incidents or the negative commentary make the news.