SPARKS, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) -- Unextinguished ashes next to a home caused major damage today in Sparks on C Street.
Sparks Fire Department says the report came in around 9:30 this morning. A man living in the duplex had a fire in his fireplace last night and put the ashes from the fire into a plastic container next to the duplex. Those ashes were not fully extinguished, the fire department says.
The fire caused major damage to one side of duplex. Everyone was evacuated and no one was hurt.