RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- The Washoe County School District Board of Trustees has cancelled an August 15 meeting that was scheduled to discuss the Pedro Martinez contract situation.
In a statement released late Tuesday afternoon, Board President Barbara Clark said:
"The Board of Trustees will continue to work in good faith cooperation under the present circumstances to educate our children and to ensure effective administration of the School District. Along with the students, staff, and families, we look forward to a successful school year ahead.
Upon the advice of outside council, and as President of the Board of Trustees, I have decided not to proceed with the previously contemplated Board of Trustees' meeting on August 15, 2014. Given that my July 22, 2014 announcement is void according to statute, there is no need for any 'corrective action'."
Previous statements from Clark said there could be "debate" if the board’s actions were legal but they agreed to void the move.
Also, Tuesday’s statement does not say if the board will ever meet to discuss Martinez’s performance or conduct.