RENO, Nev. (MyNews4.com & KRNV) -- The school district has responded to a News 4 inquiry regarding Pedro Martinez being put on paid leave.
A letter from the Office of General Counsel said, "There is no such memo."
Pedro Martinez said he has not yet received verbal or written notification he is on paid leave. "What is interesting is I am learning more and more from what the board is doing just through the media."
He said Board of Trustees President Barbara Clark told him last week his contract had ended. Three days later, Clark said Superintendent Martinez is on administrative leave with pay, and this has been his status since July 22.
He also said he was offered $200,000 to resign as Superintendent. "Basically I was told, 'Think about your family, think about your career and you got until five o’clock.'"
Martinez also said he and his attorney found out about the response after it was made public on Tuesday. He said the complaints listed against him were never brought up in either of his evaluations.
"There’s nothing that I see that’s a charge that merits me being terminated with cause," said Martinez. "Frankly, some of the language is very vague, I can only assume some of the things they mean and none of those items were ever told to me on July 22."
Board of Trustees President Barbara Clark said at Tuesday’s meeting that board members could not talk about the lawsuit response.