LOS ANGELES (AP) — Authorities say 6 people who were helping clean up UCLA's flooded Pauley Pavilion are being treated for exposure to toxic carbon monoxide.
Los Angeles fire spokeswoman Katherine Main says the men were helping pump water out of the arena shortly before 7 p.m. Wednesday when they fell ill from generator exhaust.
Main says four were treated at the scene and two were taken to the hospital in fair condition.
She says all were alert and breathing.
Main says the equipment was turned off and the building aired but there's no word yet on whether the de-watering operation has resumed.
The pavilion's court was covered with up to 10 inches of water on Tuesday when a 30-inch water main broke on a nearby street and sent water cascading onto campus.
©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.