LAS VEGAS (AP) — Authorities in Las Vegas say eight people escaped serious injury when a fuel-sparked fire gutted the garage of their two-story house.
Clark County spokeswoman Stacey Welling says the father was working on the car when fumes from spilled gasoline were ignited by a natural gas dryer pilot light about 7:30 p.m. Friday.
The man and his wife got their six children to safety before firefighters arrived at the home near Christy Lane and Charleston Boulevard to find the garage engulfed by flames.
Welling says the fire caused $80,000 in damage to the garage and three vehicles.
The American Red Cross was helping the family late Friday.
©2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.