Coroner: Electric Daisy attendee died of drug OD

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 7/21 12:57 pm

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Authorities say an Electric Daisy Carnival attendee who was found unresponsive in a Las Vegas Strip hotel room died after consuming Ecstasy, cocaine and ethanol.

Clark County coroner's officials have ruled 25-year-old Anthony Anaya's death an accident. He was from Everett, Washington.

Authorities say Anaya was found in a room at the Vdara hotel on June 21 and later pronounced dead.

His was one of two reported among people who attended the huge, three-day electronic dance music festival last month.

The coroner previously reported that 24-year-old California resident Montgomery Tsang died of an accidental Ecstasy overdose, but noted that an enlarged heart also contributed.

Coroner's officials have not ruled on the cause of death of a third young person who was in Las Vegas for the event but never attended.

 

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.