LAS VEGAS (AP) — Prosecutors are clearing two Las Vegas police officers who killed an ex-convict murder suspect and wounded two bystanders during a shootout last year at an apartment complex west of downtown.
Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said Friday that officers Scott Thomas and Joseph Parra acted lawfully in the Feb. 8 slaying of 33-year-old Roberto Antonio Torres.
Torres had been sought in the shooting of his pregnant girlfriend two days before he was killed when police confronted him at an apartment complex on Pennwood Avenue near Wing Street.
Wolfson said Torres shot once at Parra, who returned fire and wounded a bystander in the shoulder while Thomas shot Torres.
A woman nearby was also grazed by a bullet. Both bystanders survived.
Wolfson calls the shooting reasonable and legally justified.
©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.