Deacon who fell into grave sues archdiocese

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/31 12:21 pm

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A deacon who accidentally fell into a grave during a burial at San Gabriel Mission Cemetery is suing the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.

City News Service reported Monday that Alfonso Valles broke his left arm in several places when a platform he was standing on collapsed and caused him to fall in August 2012.

The claim, which names the archdiocese and the San Gabriel Mission as defendants, was filed last week. It seeks unspecified damages.

Archdiocese spokeswoman Monica Valencia says Valles was assisted by others present and completed the funeral service.

Valencia says the archdiocese's insurer has been working with the deacon to resolve the matter.

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.