Fire at Vegas Strip restaurant ruled accidental

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/02 2:17 pm

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Fire officials have ruled a New Year's morning fire accidental after it caused minimal damage to the kitchen of a Las Vegas Strip resort restaurant.

Deputy Clark County Fire Chief Erik Newman says a fire sprinkler activated and doused flames a little before 8 a.m. Wednesday after a bag of mesquite wood caught fire at Trattoria del Lupo at the Mandalay Bay resort.

Damage was estimated at about $2,000, and Clark County health officials inspected the restaurant after the fire.

Las Vegas-area hotels have sprinklers and adhere to strict fire codes enacted after a November 1980 blaze at the MGM Grand hotel killed 87 people, and an arson fire nearly three months later at the Las Vegas Hilton killed eight people.

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2013 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.