Fire burns Las Vegas fire spokesman's home

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/25/2013 12:14 pm

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The spokesman for the Las Vegas fire department has an ironic task Friday — he's briefing the media on a fire that burned his own house.

Las Vegas fire spokesman Tim Szymanski tells the Las Vegas Sun an exhaust fan in a second-floor bathroom apparently started the fire at his Summerlin home about 7:20 a.m. Friday.

Szymanski says he was out running errands with his wife and son at the time, and nobody was injured. He says the family's two dogs and two cats safely escaped out of pet doors.

The newspaper reports the home is currently too damaged to live in.

The spokesman says he often sees fires caused by bathroom fans, and had tried to replace them every five years to avoid the problem.

___

Information from: Las Vegas Sun, http://www.lasvegassun.com

 

©2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2013 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.