Jamul toddler recovering after 3 rattlesnake bites

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 5/05 8:59 am

JAMUL, Calif. (AP) — A doctor says a toddler who was bitten three times by a rattlesnake is lucky to be alive.

Relatives tell KGTV in San Diego that A.J. Taylor was bitten on the stomach as he played Friday on the patio of his grandparent's home in Jamul, about 20 miles east of San Deigo. He was able to return to the home Saturday, where he is recovering nicely.

Grandmother Dian Taylor says she hopes what happened to A.J. can be a lesson to others because the heat is bringing out the rattlesnakes and they blend in so well that you can't see them and they strike so fast, it's hard to get away from them.

The doctor says if more venom had been released into the boy's system, he could have died.


©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.