Nevada budget director resigns to take new job

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/14 9:40 pm

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Nevada Budget Director Jeff Mohlenkamp is resigning from Gov. Brian Sandoval's administration to take a job out of state.

His resignation announced Friday is effective April 7.

Mohlenkamp has worked for the state for 27 years, beginning with the Gaming Control Board in the late 1980s.

He was the chief financial officer for the Department of Corrections when Sandoval named him to his cabinet in 2011, putting him in charge of Nevada's then $6.2 billion budget.

Earlier this month Mohlenkamp presided over a "budget kickoff" event, where he told agency heads the state's economy is improving and they wouldn't be asked to slash budgets in the next two-year funding cycle.

Sandoval thanked Mohlenkamp for his service and says a new director of administration would be named soon.

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.