Palm Springs hotel guest died from carbon monoxide

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/19 6:02 pm

PALM SPRINGS, Calif. (AP) — Carbon monoxide poisoning killed a guest at a Palm Springs hotel room last fall and police say the cause was a faulty pool heater.

The Los Angeles Times says the Riverside County coroner's office released the cause of death on Wednesday.

Forty-eight-year-old Mark Ruf was found dead on the floor of a room at the Curve Palm Springs Hotel & Resort last November. The Ohio lawyer was on vacation.

His family filed a lawsuit Tuesday that claims hotel management failed to investigate after another guest was sickened in the room two weeks earlier.

Police Lt. Mitch Spike says investigators determined that carbon monoxide was leaking into the room from pool heating equipment — which has since been removed.

The hotel's general manager said Wednesday he couldn't comment.

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.