Rancho High evacuated after drapes catch fire

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 2/11 6:42 am

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Smoldering drapes in the auditorium caused a North Las Vegas high school to be evacuated Monday morning.

Firefighters responded to haze and smoke at Rancho High School around 11 a.m. and evacuated the school. Students were allowed back in about an hour later.

Tim Szymanski of Las Vegas Fire & Rescue says there were no injuries, but damage is estimated at $100,000.

Szymanski says the smoldering could have been caused by a stage light touching the curtains. The burned drapery was removed from the stage.


©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.