Southern Nev. patient with West Nile has died

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 7/10/2013 3:07 pm

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Southern Nevada Health District says a person diagnosed with West Nile virus this summer has died.

District spokeswoman Stephanie Bethel declined to give further details on the patient, citing patient privacy, but said Wednesday that the person was among four people diagnosed with the illness so far this year.

Two new cases announced Wednesday include a 77-year-old man and an 87-year-old woman who were both hospitalized with the more serious, neuroinvasive form of West Nile. Officials had previously announced a 60-year-old woman came down with the serious strain, and a 70-year-old man had the less serious form.

The death is the first this year and the fifth in Clark County since 2003.

Authorities warn residents to wear bug repellents and get rid of standing water sources that foster mosquitoes.

 

©2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.