Sterling loses appeal to block LA Clippers sale

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 8/14 6:13 am

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A California appeals court has shot down Donald Sterling's latest effort to block the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.

The 2nd Appellate District Court issued a brief ruling Wednesday saying there was nothing it could do because the team had been sold.

Ballmer closed the deal Tuesday after a probate court judge cleared the way for Sterling's estranged wife to sell the team.

The judge said Shelly Sterling had properly removed her husband from the family trust that owned the team after he was banned from the NBA for making derogatory remarks about blacks.

Ballmer's lawyer says Clippers nation rejoices with the latest blow to the unpopular former owner, who bought the team in 1981 for $12 million.

 

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.