UCSD student died of overdose after campus concert

(MGNOnline.com)
(MGNOnline.com)
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 8/20 2:08 pm

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A coroner's report says a University of California, San Diego student died of an accidental overdose in May after attending an on-campus music festival.

The Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday that the San Diego County medical examiner determined that 20-year-old Ricardo Ambriz became unresponsive and collapsed in his dorm room after attending the Sun God Festival, an annual outdoor music party for UCSD students.

The report says Ambriz overdosed on a stimulant known as Benzo Fury which is related to the designer drug MDA.

Ambriz's death came as officials tried to make the event safer.

The university barred students this year from bringing guests after 48 people were hospitalized during the 2013 party, more than double the number hospitalized in each of the previous two years.

 

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.