Universal distances itself from 'Compton' casting

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 7/17 10:12 pm

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Universal Pictures and the filmmakers behind the planned N.W.A. biopic are distancing themselves from an offensive casting announcement for the film.

The company said late Thursday it didn't approve and doesn't condone the announcement's content. Sande Alessi Casting posted an open call earlier this week that sought women in four categories. "A girls" were described as "the hottest of the hottest" and could be of any ethnicity, whereas "D girls" were "African-American... Poor, not in good shape. Medium to dark skin tone."

Universal called the descriptions "offensive" and said it regrets and apologizes for being associated in any way. Sande Alessi Casting declined comment.

Gawker.com quoted the casting call in an article Thursday. The casting company has since removed the announcement from its Facebook page.

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.