Zamboni fumes at Vegas ice rink send 7 to hospital

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 6/23 11:18 am

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Zamboni fumes are being blamed for the evacuation of an ice rink in Las Vegas and the sickening of several people who were sent to the hospital over the weekend.

Clark County Fire Battalion Chief Richard Reid says firefighters were called to the Las Vegas Ice Center about 10 a.m. Sunday after several people complained of being light-headed or sick.

Members of a Haz-Mat team that responded with fire and rescue workers determined the Zamboni ice preparation machine was leaking carbon monoxide in the building. Seven people were transported to area hospitals. No one was seriously injured.

Reid told KSNV-TV they took the Zamboni outside and the carbon monoxide levels soon returned to normal. The ice rink reopened later in the day.


©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.