5 high schoolers sickened by marijuana brownies

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 9/04 10:28 pm

RICHMOND, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say five students got sick — including two who were rushed to the hospital unconscious — after eating marijuana brownies that were sold at a San Francisco Bay Area high school.

Richmond police Capt. Mark Gagan (GAY'-gen) says a 17-year-old senior allegedly sold the brownies Thursday at De Anza High School for $3 apiece or two for $5.

Five students, ages 14 to 16, fell ill. Gagan says two regained consciousness at the hospital and are in serious but stable condition.

Three other students were treated at the school for nausea and vomiting.

Gagan says the alleged brownie seller was arrested on suspicion of selling drugs on campus and child endangerment. She's being held at juvenile hall.

There's no immediate word on where she got the brownies.

 

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.