5 on leave in probe of English program fund misuse

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 3/24 5:37 pm

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Clark County school officials say five employees of the Adult English Language Acquisition program are on leave while authorities investigate possible misuse of public funds.

Superintendent Pat Skorkowsky said Monday that the department was being restructured in light of the ongoing investigation that was first publicized last week. He says the rest of the 22 employees in the program are being temporarily reassigned to other positions.

District spokeswoman Melinda Malone says classes through the program have been temporarily discontinued at the Channel 10 Drive and Washington Campus sites, but classes at other sites will continue as scheduled.

Las Vegas police served search warrants Wednesday at district offices as part of the probe, which was based on a tip from an employee. Program director Priscilla Rocha is among those suspended.

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.