8 file claims in wake of Anaheim police shooting

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 1/23/2013 12:02 pm

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Eight people who say they were hurt when Anaheim police broke up an angry crowd after a deadly police shooting have filed claims against the city.

The Orange County Register says the claims of civil rights violations, physical and emotional injury were filed last week and Tuesday. The eight, including an 11-year-old girl, are seeking $500,000 each. Two other men filed claims last year.

All claim they were injured as police tried to control neighbors who gathered on July 21 after officers killed Manuel Diaz. Diaz was unarmed and the shooting sparked protests.

The claimants can sue if the city rejects their claims.

Mayor Tom Tait says the claims will be looked at seriously.

___

Information from: The Orange County Register, http://www.ocregister.com

 

©2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2013 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.