Accuser of 'X-Men' director seeks case dismissal

(mgnonline.com)
(mgnonline.com)
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 8/21 12:43 pm

HONOLULU (AP) — A former child model accusing "X-Men" director Bryan Singer of sex abuse in Hawaii says he wants to dismiss the lawsuit — not because it lacks merit but because he can't find a new attorney to represent him.

Michael Egan III said in a court filing Wednesday that he previously sought the dismissal in sealed documents in federal court in Honolulu. He wants the case dismissed without prejudice, which would allow him to file it again later.

He said in the latest filing that he's unable to proceed by himself.

His former attorneys asked to be removed from the case after their relationship with him deteriorated.

Singer has filed papers saying he wants the case dismissed with prejudice, with costs and fees imposed against Egan.

Egan previously dropped three similar lawsuits against other entertainment figures.

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.