According to Sparks Division Fire Chief Tom Garrison the cause of the fire is still under investigation and the property sustained substantial damage, but it's unclear if it was completely destroyed.
The majority of the fire was contained to the garage, but some damage occurred to the kitchen of the home. The family that was occupying the home noticed the fire and were able to evacuate quickly, avoiding any harm.
Sparks, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com)-- The Sparks Fire Department confirms an early morning fire completely destroyed a Sparks home Wednesday, January 2, 2012.
Firefighters say the blaze broke out at about 2:00 a.m. on a home on the 200 block of E. Lincoln Way. When fire crews arrived at the scene, they found that the garage of the home was fully engulfed in flames. Firefighters say the majority of the fire was contained to the garage but some damage occurred to the kitchen of the home. The exterior siding of the home next to the fire was also slightly damaged from the heat.
All occupants of the home were able to get out of the house safely and one dog was rescued from the home.
Firefighters say they do not know what sparked the fire, but it is under investigation. The fire has since been put out and fire crews are mopping up. There were no injuries to the home's occupants or fire personnel.
Watch News 4 Today for the latest updates.