Fire in portable toilet damages post office roof

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 7/07 10:19 am

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Crews are cleaning up water and human waste from inside a Las Vegas post office after a portable toilet on the roof caught fire over the weekend.

Clark County Fire Department Deputy Chief Erik Newman said nobody was injured in the two-alarm fire reported about 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.

Newman says it's unclear how the fire started. He says crews cut into the roof as part of their firefighting efforts, and water and debris from the melted toilet seeped into the building.

U.S. Postal Service spokesman David Rupert says no mail was damaged, although the post office, located at 455 E. Pebble, will be closed indefinitely for cleanup and repairs.

He says mail delivery will continue, and a mobile post office in the parking lot will provide some services.

 

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.