Company - Nevada Society of CPAs
Location - 750 Sandhill Road, Ste 120, Reno, NV, 89523
Job Title - Communications Manager
Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants
The Nevada Society of CPAs is seeking someone to fill the position of Communications Manager. The person in this position is responsible for all communications and marketing activities.
Candidate must have strong written and verbal abilities, as well as excellent interpersonal skills for working well with fellow staff members, Directors, Committee Chairs, and volunteers. This is a full time position located in Reno, with only minor travel required.
Duties of this position:
• Frequently interact with other professionals, including members
and other department managers.
• Responsible for all email marketing i.e.: Weekly “News Now” e-
newsletter and CPE newsletters, as well as periodic
updates/notifications and Chapter Meeting Notices.
• This position should also monitor and track Website traffic and
develop/optimize various campaigns based on their best-performing
• Responsible for creating and distributing regular e-newsletters
and e-blasts through an e-mail program.
• Produce marketing materials. Develop and see through production
of marketing materials with local print shops and online
distributors. Includes marketing materials such as the quarterly
news magazine, brochures, pamphlets, press releases, event
announcements, conference materials, etc.
• Responsible for all copy writing and proofing with office staff
assistance. Creating a quarterly magazine and selling ad space.
• Responsible for the publication of a bi-weekly e-newsletter.
• Photography and editing is required in this position.
Educational Requirements and Skills Needed:
• Must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Marketing,
Communications, or Journalism from an accredited four-year
institution and a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a position
similar to this.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6
(Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and InDesign).
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Quick learner and enthusiastic about recognizing problems and
• Must possess analytical skills to develop reports and make
recommendations for innovative marketing activities.
• Strong proof reading skills.http://www.renotahoejobs.com/job_view.shtml?jobid=23202