Company - CustomInk
Location - Reno
Job Title - Systems Administrator
We seek a highly organized and meticulous individual with excellent problem-solving and communication skills to assist with technology needs of our team members. You will be working with internal users and external technology vendors to ensure office related IT infrastructure is robust, secure and scalable to meet our rapidly growing business needs.
As an IT Systems Administrator, you will take ownership of building and maintaining documentation of all processes in your area. To list a few: server setup, switches, firewalls, deployment of software to server/workstations and setting up new services. Also, you will be responsible for setting up, maintaining new services/servers and providing guidance to the HelpDesk. As you grow in this role you will be increasing the number of projects you plan and manage. You must value customer satisfaction above all else, possess the ability and desire to master new and relevant information, and be able to effectively translate these into your daily responsibilities.
You will also trouble shoot and contact vendor related issues with ISPs, telecommunication, network equipment and server equipment. You will mange issues via tickets in our helpdesk system to ensure issues are resolved promptly and tickets are clear.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
The key measures of success for this position will be:
- Planning and completion of projects
- Effectively handling and closing helpdesk tickets
- Team member satisfaction with your specific helpdesk tickets
- Server and network up time
Over time we will likely establish quantitative metrics and goals in each of these areas.
You must be proactive, enjoy the challenge of working with many moving parts, and be able to easily adapt to change resulting from rapid growth. You are expected to be a team player in our fun, intense, and results-oriented environment, so you must be helpful, professional, able to remain focused and positive under pressure and share in our commitment to customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate would have 5 or more years of experience in supporting multi site network of 300+ users with following attributes:
- Ability to communicate effectively with non IT users
- Hands-on Network operations experience in multi-site Windows and Linux environments – Data circuits, Firewall/VPN (Juniper), TCP/IP and routing protocols, Switches (CISCO), File servers (Linux), Data storage (NAS appliances) and Windows servers running COTS applications etc.
- Good experience in installation and managing Active directory
- Strong Linux Administration skills (SMTP/email server, Samba file share, basic scripting for process automation/maintenance, apache exposure etc.)
- Manage e-mail infrastructure
- Experience with administration of Firewall/VPN (Juniper/Sonicwall)
- Experience with fail-over configurations - preferred but not required (e.g. High Availability setup for Firewall, Email, Files server, bandwidth etc.)
- Experience with administration of a telephone system (e.g. PBX/Contact center)
- Experience with Desktop and Network management & monitoring tools
For more information, click here