T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood Nevada is looking for an Administrative Assistant in Reno, Nev.
Must be willing to travel occasionally for this position, as well as acknowledge some weekends will be required for travel and/or special events. 90 day probationary period upon hire.
- Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Development & Family Studies, or related degree path
- Microsoft office programs
- Experiences with accounting processes
- Customer service
- Early childhood education programs/child care programs
Administrative Duties for recipient caseload and Project Counselor support:
- Entering of applications and new center, if necessary
- Contacting applicants for missing documentation
- Creating files for new recipients and participating centers
- Inform the Project Counselor of new applicants and the need for a scholarship model to be selected
- Mailing of acceptance and renewal packets for scholarship recipients
- Contact recipients for missing paperwork during semiannual file clean-up
- Payable requests: statewide recipient, center reimbursement requests, and staff reimbursement requests
- Mail out recipient and center reimbursement checks statewide
- Nevada AEYC payable requests/reimbursements
- Registry of Expenditures: all
- Update accounting spreadsheets twice monthly
- Communicate with accounting agency about monthly reporting and completion of all expenditures as needed
- Merchant account statements and paperwork
- File Nevada AEYC accounting paperwork accordingly
- Close communication with the Las Vegas office to ensure smooth operations
- Competency Assessment assistance – a requirement for the T.E.A.C.H.® license
- Weekly tracking of time and tasks
- Mass mailings - T.E.A.C.H. marketing materials, invites to T.E.A.C.H. and Nevada AEYC events, etc.
- Purchase and monitor postage
- Monitor printing and purchase necessary equipment
- Center license compliance – 2 times per year (December and June)
- All files (center and recipient) review and compliance twice per year
- Department of Labor – Apprenticeship file compliance checked twice a year
- Special projects may be required
To apply online, click here.