Man burned in flash kitchen fire at Vegas resort

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 8/08 1:49 pm

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A fire official says a man was burned but extinguishers quickly doused a flash fire after a gas line malfunctioned at a cafe at the Palazzo resort hotel-casino on the Las Vegas Strip.

Clark County fire Capt. John Steinbeck says the automatic extinguishing system also shut off the gas supply to the stove after the fire flared about 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Grand Lux Café.

Steinbeck says the injured man was taken to University Medical Center in Las Vegas with first- and second-degree burns. His name wasn't made public.

Officials say casino and hotel guests weren't affected by the fire.

 

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.