Man charged with killing doctor settles lawsuit

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 5/07 11:15 pm

SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A 76-year-old man charged with gunning down a Southern California urologist in an examination room has settled a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the doctor's family.

The Orange County Register says Stanwood Elkus has turned over his retirement savings and money from the sale of his properties to relatives of Dr. Ronald Gilbert. The amount wasn't disclosed Wednesday but the Register says the properties are worth about $2 million.

Lawyers for the family and Elkus say they're satisfied with the settlement.

Prosecutors say Elkus shot Gilbert in January 2013 at a Newport Beach office. He has pleaded not guilty to murder.

Elkus told the Los Angeles Times last year that he was angry over a botched surgery two decades earlier. But an attorney said Gilbert didn't perform it.

©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Share
0 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

No comments yet!
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND
WATCH OUR LIVE NEWSCAST

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.