SEE IT: Family of Sparks Middle School Shooter, Jose Reyes, releases statement

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 11/06/2013 9:09 pm

RENO, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) - The parents of Jose Reyes, the boy who shot three and then himself at Sparks Middle School on Monday October 21st has released a statement regarding the incident.

The parents say Jose had been teased about a speech problem. Jose Reyes says he and his wife "had no idea" their son was so upset or troubled. They said they don't understand why he opened fire at Sparks Middle School.


Reyes Family Releases Statement on Sparks Middle School Shooting
Reyes Family Releases Statement on Sparks Middle School Shooting
Share
17 Comment(s)
Comments: Show | Hide

Here are the most recent story comments.View All

retired51 - 11/6/2013 10:26 PM
0 Votes
Maryana, I agree, the ignorance of some of these people floors me!!! They choose to ignore the facts that if this kid had never been bullied and terrorized then this would have never happened!! It's sad that in HIS mind this was his only answer and worse that he was pushed to it!

Maryana - 11/6/2013 8:25 PM
1 Vote
Thank you to all of you who have a heart!!! This family is going through a ruff time just all the others maybe even more trying to understand why this little angle did this!! Ignorant heartless people like the ones posting some of these comments don't know anything so they should shut it. And i agree with you retired51 Tax paying mom wow why are you even called a mom your a poor example of been a mom or a person overall you have no heart not even for the child and oh just FYI those children that got shot were the reason why this happened they were the bullies so if you don't know please shut your mouth or don't even post anything!!!!!!!!!!!!

szngreco - 11/5/2013 5:37 PM
0 Votes
this has been a horrifying wake up call to all parents. Even if you teach your children gun safety, tv and movies teach the kids about violence. Kids don't understand that the action hero they see "die" on tv, but see the next week on another show are actually gone forever!! I respect the right to bear arms, but we need to really show our children that dead is dead! Teens and pre teens do not have the capacity to thoroughly understand the consequences of their actions.....unless they are told and shown exactly what they are, and that is no guarantee that they truly DO understand it. We must be vigilant with them. God Bless and comfort this family that has lost a child, and must be having a difficult time grieving this loss due to the circumstances. Pray for them.

Oceanmom94 - 11/5/2013 5:23 PM
2 Votes
Tax paying mom- you asked why did it take so long for the parents to make a statement ? Having lost their son my guess would be they have been facing the worst nightmare a parent can face. I applaud them for making a statement at all. Being a parent I don't even know if I could get out of bed and function let alone face the public.

Justdoit - 11/5/2013 2:40 PM
1 Vote
To all of the haters posting here, lighten up and give this family a break and let law enforcement do their job.

Cornelius - 11/5/2013 12:37 PM
1 Vote
This whole thing is SO F***ing SAD.

retired51 - 11/5/2013 11:59 AM
3 Votes
taxpaying mom, is nothing but a bigot!!!! You make me sick and I can only wonder how your kids are with a mother and role model like you!!

taxpaying mom - 11/5/2013 8:59 AM
1 Vote
Dear Exnyer, my kids are grown up. They managed to grow up with guns in the house because they were taught gun safety. They were given their own guns at 10 and taken out target shooting. They were supervised with the guns at all times and those guns were locked up when they were not being used. I have no sympathy for parents who do not teach their kids gun safety and leave weapons lying around accessible. I also have no sympathy what so ever that they didn't have a clue what was going on in their sons life. My sympathies lie with the dead teacher and his family and friends & with the two little innocent boys their unsupervised out of control hoodlum shot.

Exnyer - 11/5/2013 8:17 AM
3 Votes
Dear Taxpayingmom - it's been over a year since Benghazi - where are the statements/explanations for that. Ask the man in washington (if you can get him off vacation or the golf course). These people are grieving, they lost their child - I hope you never do - I did - it takes years to even think straight again.

popadoc - 11/5/2013 12:53 AM
0 Votes
They had to get the OK from our bend over take it up the a$$ by all the illegals in NV Governor Sandoval. Nevadans need to wake up and realize this is the 1 man responsible for American Nevadans not having a job. But never less, you the people will re-elect him again. Because our lack luster Gov wants all the illegals he can get in NV, maybe next time its YOUR child that gets shot, or your husband or wife. Wonder how much the NRA paid Sandoval to veto the gun regulation requiring background checks on all gun sales?
NEWSCASTS ON DEMAND

What's On

All content © Copyright 2014 Intermountain West Communications Company. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.
You may also view our Sitemap

Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.