SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — A grass fire has destroyed two houses in the foothills of East San Jose and caused two propane tanks to explode.
San Jose Fire Department Capt. Cleo Doss said Thursday that the blaze began around 4:15 p.m. and burned down two homes before fire crews brought it under control.
No injuries were reported, and no other homes appeared to be threatened.
Doss initially said the fire may have been started by the exploding propane tanks on a gas barbecue grill, but he later clarified, saying the fire caused the tanks to explode.
©2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.